Application from Mykells

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application from Mykells

Postby mykella » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Just started over on Laurelin - been playing since release on and off but mostly on the NA servers. Three characters created yesterday - Loremaster/scholar, minstrel/jeweler, hunter/woodworker. All below 20. Would love a kin that is relatively mature - my first kin in a MMO had an age 35 minimum age and that worked very well. I read you either have or at least used to have an age 25 rule.

The one thing I do need is a kin that uses typed chat at least as much as voice chat. Old ears. I was in that age 35+ kin a LONG time ago,

About you (in real-life):

Name:richard
Nationality:USA
Tell us a bit about yourself:Retired - spend a lot of time playing computer games now that I have more time

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)? Here in LOTRO many years but not on this server so no prior kins here
Why do you want to join The Elders? Mostly for conversation - I need no help leveling Ive done it many times.
What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)? Questing, leveling crafting. I will raid or even PvMP if the kin does it and needs more but it isn't my focus.

About your LOTRO character:

Name:mykella
Class:LM
Level:13
Trade skills:scholar
mykella

Re: Application from Mykells

Postby Espereth » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Welcome to try us.
When we do some common things, it's at "Elders time".
That's when most are on.
It's around 21-23 CEST

Players are approx 50/50 between UK and mainland europe.
One exception.
One is in Indonesia
Élders freeps - Barnud 90 :min: - Begonia 90 :brg: - Ceorwyn 90 :wdn: - Drimgordir 90 :chn: - Espereth 115 :lm: - Gilmethir 90 :hnt: - Halulm 90 :cpt: - Nidor 100 :rk: - Tharhim 90 :grd: - Vilgun 90 :beo: - Hargir 32 moose :hnt:
Creeps - Borbuk R8 stalker - Efruiwen R7 weaver - Eruznakh R13 defiler - Gromesh R8 blackarrow - Meshrat R7 reaver - Rukborz R7 warleader
Espereth
Horsemaster of the Delving Fields 2012

Postby Bruddah » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 am

Peekaboo!!!
Bruddah

Postby Ranatuor » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:51 am

Welcome aboard :D
Hopefully the core Elders time zone works for your playing times :D
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Cara » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Welcome Richard! And you are welcome to try us. It's what everyone has said though - people are mostly online in the evening at European times. But you have nothing to lose by giving it a go and seeing if it works out for you and we will entirely understand if it doesn't and you depart again. But - fingers crossed!

Standard blurb: You'll be a Recruit for 21 days while we get to know each other and during that time you can only have your main in the kin (it's easier to get to know someone before they devolve into hundreds of different alts. :)) Once you're all settled, we do expect Members not to have characters in different kinships (we can't stalk you, so this is just on your honour!) There are a number of exceptions. It's absolutely fine to have your own personal kinship, as we know some people like to own kinhouses and so on. We're also ok with you having an alt in a kin for something we're not really able to provide - such as an RP or PvP kin - but please do talk to me or an Officer about it. You'll find us very understanding. :P
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (115 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carathiel (105) :lm:
Cararose (101) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Lucyhobbit » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:12 am

Welcome to the madhouse kin :lol:
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Flintori » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:28 am

Belated welcome Mykells!
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Tombpyre » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Even more belated, Welcome:-)
Flame of Udun

:hnt: Toronduil 115 t2 115 ready
:cpt: Aicanaro 115 t2 115 ready
:lm: Tombpyre 79 Questing

As angry as a dwarf with a yoyo

All crafts at max (except farming) - Stack of Mules lvl 15-114 (can be activated if any needs help on particular levels).

House at 4 Twinfall path, Lothrellant.

If you build a man a fire, he is warm for one day. If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
Tombpyre

Return to Membership Applications