Application for Mellewyn

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application for Mellewyn

Postby Mellewyn » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:12 am

I see you are closed for recruits now, but hope you may open again soon. That is why I'm going ahead and applying. If not I can always apply again later on when you do reopen. I met one of your members, Rinowine, not long ago and did some experimenting with him on a T2 instance. We were not successful, but did have fun. I will be honest and say I am applying with an alt who will be casual. I have a main (hunter) and some alts in The Family. I am also an officer there.

I moved a hunter from Snowbourn to EN during the merger. I simply did not like EN, so moved her here. I do not need two hunters in the same kinship and I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a place to play without all the officer things going on. So if you don't mind a casual hunter (I am lvl 80 and plan to go to cap, run instances, raids, etc) that maybe this kinship would be a good fit. I play mmo's to be social and only solo leveling and only pug runs is pretty boring and lonely. So here is my application, and hopefully you will re-open recruiting sometime (I know, I know, NOT another hunter!). I don't eat much or make a mess, though. :smile: And sorry this is so long--I forgot to mention I probably talk too much.

I do understand if you turn me down. But after reading your site, this seems like a good fit.

About you (in real-life):

Name: Cathy
Age: arghhh >50 (first time I have EVER put that anywhere, normally it's permanently 39)
Nationality: American
Tell us a bit about yourself: I have a husband and two grown sons. One is still living at home. Also a cairn terrier. I just left a job (I really left--not got booted) due to it's actually working me to death--9 hrs at a desk for years--not good. Since I've worked since age 15, I've decided to spend at least a year doing things I missed out on. My husband and I also travel via RV for fun and I love to read and am working on becoming fit again which will soon involve a gym, and gardening, and volunteer work.

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)? I have played long enough (off and on) to have the 8-yr portrait, remember the lifetime sub (still kicking me that I didn't do it) and when there was Radiance on gear and when lvl 50 was the cap, and thought Moria was really scary in Foundations of Stone. I started on US server Brandywine but haven't played anywhere other than EU servers for years--like 6 yrs. I am currently an officer in The Family. I have a lvl 105 Hunter and 105 Mini there plus rarely played alts. Prior to that (on Withy) I was in I Anor Hilol. I do prefer the Family because it's active and we do things together. IAH was too casual and people did their own thing and rarely even grouped. I am looking for somewhere to level my hunter. Somewhere means social, 99% drama free (if not 100%), friendly, and where I can sometimes do things with kinnies. I have never really RP'd but have nothing against it (not sure if you do that or not). Also, sometimes it's good to get away from the officer self and just go have some fun.

Why do you want to join The Elders? I had fun with Rinowine and his friend and thought that due to age I might fit better here than in a kinship with mostly young players. Plus as much as I love my kids, I am finding kiddies and trolling to become more and more annoying. I have General chat filtered off often now.

What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, leveling, questing)? For now, questing/leveling/skirms/BBs. I will be casual, unless things change. Kinships are always changing. Mine no longer has the same core as when I joined. So I could end up being more active here than there over time.

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Mellewyn
Class: Hunter
Level: 80
Trade skills: Not really started but Woodworker/Forester/Farmer I will focus on the woodworker and support from other characters that do the other two. I'll then work on cook.
Mellewyn

Re: Application for Mellewyn

Postby Jedy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:21 am

1 - Hunter!
2 - ELF!! I can smell!
3 - Alt Rules!!

1+2+3 = No, no, no.

4 - Such a nice person = INVITE HER!!!! :mrgreen:
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."

The Slave Code.
When our ambition is bounded, it leads us to work joyfully.
When our ambition is unbounded, it leads us to lie, to cheat, to hurt others.
When our fears are bounded, we're prudent, we're cautious, we're thoughtful.
When our fears are unbounded and overblown, we're reckless and cowardly.
Our bounds make us free.
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Postby Rinomir » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:51 am

I can confirm she is a nice person, good luck with application.

Rino
LoE > 200
:grd: Rinomir (115) - Armourer (Main)
:chn: Rinagorn (115) - Explorer
Mordor questing
:rk: Rinoin (115) - Tinker
Partially retired
:cpt: Rinowine (106) - Historian
PVMP
:eye: Rinakh (R5)- Orc Reaver - Hobbit eater
Rinomir

Postby Lucyhobbit » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Jedy wrote:1 - Hunter!
2 - ELF!! I can smell!
3 - Alt Rules!!

1+2+3 = No, no, no.

4 - Such a nice person = INVITE HER!!!! :mrgreen:

Jedy behave!
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Cara » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:05 pm

This is difficult because you sound like a lovely person.

The Elders is a very warm, close-knit kinship and we believe one of the reasons for that is people joining commit themselves to the kinship. Not initially - we're ok with people using the Recruit period to decide if they want to come to us or not, but once it's Member time, we need you to make a decision and join us wholeheartedly (or not). And it sounds like you already have that commitment to The Family, especially being an Officer there. I feel like I don't even want to lure you away from them (although it's your decision, of course) because you do sound committed to them!

Incidentally - and perhaps importantly - we're an EU kinship, so I fear that the time difference may mean you can't fully enjoy the social life online. That bit, however, we leave up to the Applicant to decide.

However, with regard to the main issue, it's not that we never allow split-kins. That can (and does) happen if an existing Member has a pressing need for some particular purpose, one that we can't properly fill. But it is always the case that it's someone who has been around for a while and is committed to remaining an Elder otherwise, and is currently an Elder of good standing.

For this reason - and with very genuine regret - I'm afraid we can't accept your application. I do wish you the very best in the future and if your situation changes, you would be very welcome indeed to join us.

Cara
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Mellewyn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:52 am

I honestly can't blame you guys for the "no". :) It was a rule I had when I was leader of a WoW guild. But this game is different than WoW, so I had hoped I could try out somewhere to find a good fit. I'm accepted where I am--officer (not by choice--that was done by the leaders that left the kinship). Anyway, I appreciate the consideration and the time you took to reply.

btw, I actually did agree with all but the ELF no -- must've been a dwarf who said that! :lol:
Mellewyn

Return to Membership Applications