Greetings! Application for Zarienne

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Greetings! Application for Zarienne

Postby Zarienne » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:19 pm

About you (in real-life):

Name: Caroline
Nationality: American (USA)
Tell us a bit about yourself: Freelance worker with lots of time to game. :-) Currently living in TX with husband and dogs, but planning a move to CA before the end of the year. Umm .. errr ... don't know what else to put here, feel free to ask questions!

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)?
This is my second time playing. I previously played back when Moria was endgame, but then got busy with life and lost track of my account. This time around I've been playing for a couple of years - I can't actually recall how long it's been now. I have a VIP account and I'll probably keep playing as long as the game keeps going. I am a diehard Tolkien geek. I have one of each class, including 6 level 100s (or over,) though only three characters are on Laurelin. I am most active on Evernight, where my main resides, and am in three kins over there. However, one of the main reasons I'm not so active on Laurelin is that I don't really know anyone. I originally started a character on a new server for fun and, honestly, some solitude as the kin I was in was going through high drama which I can't abide. I was also curious about RP. I leveled up an RK, then made a warden - still figuring that class out, have not made much level progression there. When the servers merged, I moved my Beorning over from Withy with a large care package for the characters here, while the rest went to Evernight with my main kin. Lately I've only been playing the Beorning on Laurelin, and having great fun with her, but it's kind of boring with no one to talk to or play with, so I thought I'd look into a kin for her.

Why do you want to join The Elders?
Well, like I said, it's kind of boring just always soloing with no one to talk to. I enjoy soloing, but sometimes I like to do group content. However, I did not want to join just any kin. I was holding out hoping I would run across some mature players like myself. I was googling Laurelin kins recently and found yours and it seemed a good match.

What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)?
I do a bit of all of it.

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Zarienne
Class: Beorning
Level: 102
Trade skills: Historian

I also have a level 100 RK named Lainril, but she's parked in MT at the moment, which is why I'm not applying with her. I might dust her off again at some point.
Zarienne

Re: Greetings! Application for Zarienne

Postby Ranatuor » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Hiya and welcome :)
One thing to note, a lot of the Elders are EU-based, so time-wise you may find people aren't online at your main hours, but there are night owls and early birds, and I am sure we'll all meet up at some point.
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Bero » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Caroline

Welcome good luck with your application :D
Raiders: Beroin Captain (115) Bero Burglar (115) Berinth Minstrel (115)
Not Ready: Isla Guardian (105) Gilabor Hunter (107) Berimli Champion (105) Weylun Loremaster (105)
Levellers: Gilborin Runekeeper (28)

NOT AVAILABLE TO RAID ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS!
Bero

Postby Dolgolleth » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:33 am

Hey there. I log on to Evernight too, but don't really do much, just usually get the hobbit present and leave (gotta love those free shared storage transfers).

We're not a "RP kin", but there will most often be someone around to talk to or play with, help out as needed etc. As Rana says, being EU-based it may seem quiet when you're on but we are around; depending on RL stuff I've seen me on 'til thon time in the morning UK wise. Also, if you got as far as applying you'll have read our front page so you'll hopefully have an idea of what to expect from us. For me, the only drama I'm interested in is the shows my kids are enrolled in.

Anyhow, good luck with your application, I'm sure our Boss Lady will be along at some point (and if you are bringing cake this might be a good time to mention it).
Last edited by Dolgolleth on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAID STATUS: probably my Captain, but they were always willing and ready to take one for the team if the cause was just.
(although, to be sure, 5h1t happens)
~~~
Indigofera, female Hobbit Hunter: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, level 30;
Rhodolite, female Hobbit Minstrel: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Orthoclase, female Hobbit Guardian: 16/11/15-, Armourer/Metalsmith, "Wartroll mooser", level 31 and back on the stone;
Norndottir, female Beorning: 20/02/16-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Morwalda, female Captain: 20/02/16-, Armourer/Metalsmith; Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 by mistake 19/03/16 - level 105 now;
Agalind, female Human Burglar: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Idhressel, female Human Lore-Master: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Dolgolleth, female Elven Champion: 03/03/15-03/10/15 & 5/10/15-, Tinker/Jeweller, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 95;
Engolleth, female Elven Warden: 01/11/15-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Nargolleth, female Elven Rune-Keeper: 24/10/15-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;

Notes:
01.) Don't use someone else's crafting facility, you'll be teased about it for ages;
02.) Do as I say not as I do, then you might not promote the wrong alt;
03.) If you can't take a comment don't make a comment;
04.) Big signatures take up a lot of message space in the forums;
05.) be mindful of your kinfolk, you never know when they'll be made Officers;
06.) the world is full of people who think they are, or know better than, you - just keep doing the right thing and let them wallow in their surquedry;
07.) in life, try and resist the common urge to be like the rest of the sheeple who follow the lowest common denominator - do the best you can and you'll get on fine;
08.) if people can ask the question rather than think for themselves then they will, so there's no point getting frustrated about it - none of this "teach a man to fish" nonsense in the 21st century;
09.) Be careful of hurting others' feelings when you make an attempt at humour;
10.) Ain't nobody got time for that;
Dolgolleth

Postby Jedy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:16 pm

At least it's not an Elf...
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Postby Dolgolleth » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Jedy wrote:At least it's not an Elf...

And who has the sexiest elf-chick I've seen in a while? When we were running round the barrows that time Idariel was such a distraction, eye-patch and all... Inside every Dwarf there's an Elf waiting to break free.
RAID STATUS: probably my Captain, but they were always willing and ready to take one for the team if the cause was just.
(although, to be sure, 5h1t happens)
~~~
Indigofera, female Hobbit Hunter: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, level 30;
Rhodolite, female Hobbit Minstrel: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Orthoclase, female Hobbit Guardian: 16/11/15-, Armourer/Metalsmith, "Wartroll mooser", level 31 and back on the stone;
Norndottir, female Beorning: 20/02/16-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Morwalda, female Captain: 20/02/16-, Armourer/Metalsmith; Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 by mistake 19/03/16 - level 105 now;
Agalind, female Human Burglar: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Idhressel, female Human Lore-Master: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Dolgolleth, female Elven Champion: 03/03/15-03/10/15 & 5/10/15-, Tinker/Jeweller, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 95;
Engolleth, female Elven Warden: 01/11/15-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Nargolleth, female Elven Rune-Keeper: 24/10/15-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;

Notes:
01.) Don't use someone else's crafting facility, you'll be teased about it for ages;
02.) Do as I say not as I do, then you might not promote the wrong alt;
03.) If you can't take a comment don't make a comment;
04.) Big signatures take up a lot of message space in the forums;
05.) be mindful of your kinfolk, you never know when they'll be made Officers;
06.) the world is full of people who think they are, or know better than, you - just keep doing the right thing and let them wallow in their surquedry;
07.) in life, try and resist the common urge to be like the rest of the sheeple who follow the lowest common denominator - do the best you can and you'll get on fine;
08.) if people can ask the question rather than think for themselves then they will, so there's no point getting frustrated about it - none of this "teach a man to fish" nonsense in the 21st century;
09.) Be careful of hurting others' feelings when you make an attempt at humour;
10.) Ain't nobody got time for that;
Dolgolleth

Postby Cara » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Welcome Zarienne!

I have the same concern as others that there may be no one around at the times you're active. But, hey, it costs nothing to give it a try and you're very welcome to do so and see how it works out.

Look for "Elders" in the Social Panel and send a /tell to one of them asking if there are any Officers online to send you an invite. And of course, we'll try and look out for you too. :)
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Flintori » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:32 pm

I have had several American kinnies over the years, but they were either based in the EU or insomniacs ;)

And as others have pointed out, we're not really a RP kin other than that Cara sort of 'RP's' an evil tyrant queen and Jedy a grumpy dwarven tank etc...

But if none of that puts you off, welcome aboard!!

Flint
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Steppa » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Welcome Zarienne!
I don't get it?!?

Steppa Ulyssea - Warrior of Light
Steppa
Horsemaster of the Tenth Year & Kin Jester

Postby godun » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Welcome!
200-light brigade: :rk: Dungod 115 R/Y/B :cpt: Tarmaleth 115 Y/R :min: Rowd 115 B/Y
T1-ready: :wdn: Simbelmin 115 R/B :grd: Godun 115 B/R
Throne-ready: :chn: Rund 115 Y/R
Up-and-coming: :cpt: Beornir 85 B/R (Second Breakfast moose) :lm: Callyn 73 B/Y
Smelling the flowers: :chn: Arynil 60 Y/B (Moria, xp-disabled) :hnt: Lilien 71 B/- (FDS moose, xp-disabled)
godun

Postby Doronwen » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:34 pm

:welcome:
The elves:
:chn: Doronwen (105) :min: Eregwen (100) :grd: Lalmewen (100) :lm: Neldorwen (100)
:rk: Tathrewen (87) :hnt: Thonwen (87) :wdn: Tuluswen (85)

The hobbits:
:brg: Serianthe (76) :hnt: Perilla (100)

The other one:
:cpt: Halyth (100)
Doronwen

Postby Markbjorn » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Welcome!
BROUGHT BACK DRAX!

Markbjorn (115) Image - Markthorin (115) Image - Welkin (115) Image
Cacofonyx (107) :min: - Helegon (92) Image - Hunwald (67) Image - Ballbo (40) :wdn:
Markbjorn

Postby millelirin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:19 pm

welcome aboard!
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Postby Tombpyre » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Welcome to the madness :-)
Flame of Udun

:hnt: Toronduil 115 t2 115 ready
:cpt: Aicanaro 115 t2 115 ready
:lm: Tombpyre 79 Questing

As angry as a dwarf with a yoyo

All crafts at max (except farming) - Stack of Mules lvl 15-114 (can be activated if any needs help on particular levels).

House at 4 Twinfall path, Lothrellant.

If you build a man a fire, he is warm for one day. If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
Tombpyre

Postby Diarendis » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Flintori wrote:And as others have pointed out, we're not really a RP kin other than that Cara sort of 'RP's' an evil tyrant queen
Flint

Think you'll find that's NOT actually RP....
Diarendis

Postby Mappo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Flinty you muppet! How could you misunderstand Cara's real nature? Have you had a lobotomy? Lost your glasses. Forgotten the real smell of fear as Cara whips us all as raid leader into a meaningless death, so she can grab some nice loot?

Shame on you.
Mappo Runt.....Lvl 105 Elf Rune Keeper - general all round flashy Elf stud
Mape...............Lvl 101 Human Lady Burglar - she'll have your wallet and your heart
Masan Gilani...Lvl 105 Elf Lady Warden - not to be messed with. She has lots of pointy sticks!
Mattock.........Lvl 105 Beorning - Roaaaar!
Madrun..........Lvl 56 Dwarf mini - bad singing and banging of drums guaranteed.
(Signature pilfered from Pen, cos he is my hero)
Malcontent.......Rk 5 Warg
Malignant.........Rk 7 Weaver

Mappo

Postby Flintori » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Isn't that what I implied??

And who are YOU calling a MUPPET, like HELLO....! ;)

**Rants on and derails thread further**
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Steppa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:54 pm

My favourite muppet is the Count - he loves to count things :)
I don't get it?!?

Steppa Ulyssea - Warrior of Light
Steppa
Horsemaster of the Tenth Year & Kin Jester

Return to Membership Applications