Application by Rachel - Ortensiel in game

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application by Rachel - Ortensiel in game

Postby Ortensiel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:11 pm

About you (in real-life):

Name: Rachel
Nationality: British
Tell us a bit about yourself: Hi there. I'm a teacher and mother of an 18 year old daughter and a bit of a noob on LOTR although I did start playing years ago, but then stopped as I was already spending too much time on WoW for a supposedly professional person :D

I played WoW for a good few years and Rift for a short time, followed by the last year on a relatively new game, Archeage. After being killed lots in Archeage I decided I needed to retire to a game with a bit less focus on PVP as my reflexes are not the fastest XD

Now I'm thinking why didn't I play this game all along? The LOTR trilogy is my favourite all time story which I reread this year along with The Hobbit and The Silmarillion. So I'm really enjoying playing a game with such a great story behind it (something that is frankly missing from some of these modern games).

I'm quite independent on the whole in my levelling as I've found in the past that other people go so fast and sometimes I actually like to READ the quest instead of racing here and there like a nutter. I've used teamspeak and done raiding in the past, but that is a long way off as I'm currently just trying to learn my way around the game.

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)? Very limited experience but enjoying learning. No previous kinship.

Why do you want to join The Elders? I would like to play alongside people of my own age instead of being the granny of the guild.

What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)? Questing initially and learning how to craft. Later maybe some raids.

About your LOTRO character:

Name:Ortensiel
Class: Elf
Level: 19
Trade skills: Weaponsmith/Woodworker/Prospector

Maybe in the future my little hobbit Coco could join, when I eventually get round to levelling the little guy. 8)
Ortensiel

Re: Application by Rachel - Ortensiel in game

Postby Cara » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Welcome Rachel! We're open for recruitment so we look forward to having you join us!

As a new Member, you'll be a Recruit for 21 days. During this period, you're not allowed any alts in the kin I'm afraid. This is to give old people a chance to get to know you before you suddenly dissolve into 9 different people. After that - feel free!

Look in the Social Panel for Elders who are online and send a tell to one asking if any officers are around. Usually there are but just right now you may need to wait a day or two for people to recover from Christmas, New Year & family obligations and be online again. Definitely 3 officers should be online after around 8pm Sunday (UK time).
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Dolgolleth » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:28 pm

Well, i can't speak for the kin, but anyone who states their class as "Elf" rather than than one of the actual classes could be partway to Elder level already...

...And no doubt no matter how slow you think you are at levelling you'd still max out before me.

All the best wih your application, look forward to seeing you online sometime.
RAID STATUS: probably my Captain, but they were always willing and ready to take one for the team if the cause was just.
(although, to be sure, 5h1t happens)
~~~
Indigofera, female Hobbit Hunter: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, level 30;
Rhodolite, female Hobbit Minstrel: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Orthoclase, female Hobbit Guardian: 16/11/15-, Armourer/Metalsmith, "Wartroll mooser", level 31 and back on the stone;
Norndottir, female Beorning: 20/02/16-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Morwalda, female Captain: 20/02/16-, Armourer/Metalsmith; Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 by mistake 19/03/16 - level 105 now;
Agalind, female Human Burglar: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Idhressel, female Human Lore-Master: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Dolgolleth, female Elven Champion: 03/03/15-03/10/15 & 5/10/15-, Tinker/Jeweller, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 95;
Engolleth, female Elven Warden: 01/11/15-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Nargolleth, female Elven Rune-Keeper: 24/10/15-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;

Notes:
01.) Don't use someone else's crafting facility, you'll be teased about it for ages;
02.) Do as I say not as I do, then you might not promote the wrong alt;
03.) If you can't take a comment don't make a comment;
04.) Big signatures take up a lot of message space in the forums;
05.) be mindful of your kinfolk, you never know when they'll be made Officers;
06.) the world is full of people who think they are, or know better than, you - just keep doing the right thing and let them wallow in their surquedry;
07.) in life, try and resist the common urge to be like the rest of the sheeple who follow the lowest common denominator - do the best you can and you'll get on fine;
08.) if people can ask the question rather than think for themselves then they will, so there's no point getting frustrated about it - none of this "teach a man to fish" nonsense in the 21st century;
09.) Be careful of hurting others' feelings when you make an attempt at humour;
10.) Ain't nobody got time for that;
Dolgolleth

Postby Ortensiel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Haha oh dear.... It should have said class - hunter. Dearie me *blushes* Too much wine maybe. Thanks Cara for the acceptance and Dolgolleth _ I'll have to watch you, you're a quick one! :D
Ortensiel

Postby Doronwen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 pm

It's just that elves are above such restrictions as "class" ;)

<hides from ankle-biting hobbits and axe-wielding dwarves>

Welcome :)

:welcome:
The elves:
:chn: Doronwen (105) :min: Eregwen (100) :grd: Lalmewen (100) :lm: Neldorwen (100)
:rk: Tathrewen (87) :hnt: Thonwen (87) :wdn: Tuluswen (85)

The hobbits:
:brg: Serianthe (76) :hnt: Perilla (100)

The other one:
:cpt: Halyth (100)
Doronwen

Postby Jedy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:29 pm

Doronwen wrote:
<FAILS TO HIDE from axe-wielding dwarves>

Fixed...

And welcome of course...:)
:welcome:
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."

The Slave Code.
When our ambition is bounded, it leads us to work joyfully.
When our ambition is unbounded, it leads us to lie, to cheat, to hurt others.
When our fears are bounded, we're prudent, we're cautious, we're thoughtful.
When our fears are unbounded and overblown, we're reckless and cowardly.
Our bounds make us free.
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Postby Dolgolleth » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Doronwen wrote:It's just that elves are above such restrictions as "class" ;)

I say that too, but then I've been told i have no class.

Although i'm sure Rachel/Ortensiel being a teacher is in a class of their own...
RAID STATUS: probably my Captain, but they were always willing and ready to take one for the team if the cause was just.
(although, to be sure, 5h1t happens)
~~~
Indigofera, female Hobbit Hunter: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, level 30;
Rhodolite, female Hobbit Minstrel: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Orthoclase, female Hobbit Guardian: 16/11/15-, Armourer/Metalsmith, "Wartroll mooser", level 31 and back on the stone;
Norndottir, female Beorning: 20/02/16-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Morwalda, female Captain: 20/02/16-, Armourer/Metalsmith; Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 by mistake 19/03/16 - level 105 now;
Agalind, female Human Burglar: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Idhressel, female Human Lore-Master: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Dolgolleth, female Elven Champion: 03/03/15-03/10/15 & 5/10/15-, Tinker/Jeweller, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 95;
Engolleth, female Elven Warden: 01/11/15-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Nargolleth, female Elven Rune-Keeper: 24/10/15-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;

Notes:
01.) Don't use someone else's crafting facility, you'll be teased about it for ages;
02.) Do as I say not as I do, then you might not promote the wrong alt;
03.) If you can't take a comment don't make a comment;
04.) Big signatures take up a lot of message space in the forums;
05.) be mindful of your kinfolk, you never know when they'll be made Officers;
06.) the world is full of people who think they are, or know better than, you - just keep doing the right thing and let them wallow in their surquedry;
07.) in life, try and resist the common urge to be like the rest of the sheeple who follow the lowest common denominator - do the best you can and you'll get on fine;
08.) if people can ask the question rather than think for themselves then they will, so there's no point getting frustrated about it - none of this "teach a man to fish" nonsense in the 21st century;
09.) Be careful of hurting others' feelings when you make an attempt at humour;
10.) Ain't nobody got time for that;
Dolgolleth

Postby Cara » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Well, I can tell she belongs in The Elders. Sent her several tells tonight to give her an invite - but age affects the hearing, of course, and it seems she didn't hear the tells. I wrote a letter and put it in a postbox. That should work better. ;)
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Flintori » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:45 am

Welcome aboard Rachel / Ortensiel.

I don't blame you for hiding from Cara! ;)
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Bero » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Welcome Rachel :D
Raiders: Beroin Captain (115) Bero Burglar (115) Berinth Minstrel (115)
Not Ready: Isla Guardian (105) Gilabor Hunter (107) Berimli Champion (105) Weylun Loremaster (105)
Levellers: Gilborin Runekeeper (28)

NOT AVAILABLE TO RAID ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS!
Bero

Postby Cynders » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Welcome and good hunting :)
Cynders :fhnt: Prymrose :fmin: Nymerwen (bloomin name changers) :fwdn: and a few other hangers on :)
Cynders

Postby millelirin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:31 am

Welcome aboard! :)
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Postby Lucyhobbit » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:43 am

welcome
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Tombpyre » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Welcome Rachel

We have a casual sunday evening group that levels nice and easy along - doing groupquests ect. You are most welcome to join (see more detail in forums Moose section - Wartrolls of Angmar).

I am fairly new to the game as well - started in August.

Brgds
Tom
Flame of Udun

:hnt: Toronduil 115 t2 115 ready
:cpt: Aicanaro 115 t2 115 ready
:lm: Tombpyre 79 Questing

As angry as a dwarf with a yoyo

All crafts at max (except farming) - Stack of Mules lvl 15-114 (can be activated if any needs help on particular levels).

House at 4 Twinfall path, Lothrellant.

If you build a man a fire, he is warm for one day. If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
Tombpyre

Postby Galsamborn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Welcome
Raid-ready: :hnt: Galsamborn (115) (206 LoE) :cpt: Grimend (115) (208 LoE) :min: Pluto (115) (200 LoE) :wdn: Pluton (115) (204 LoE) :lm: Chicorin (115) (226 LoE) :rk: Gaildor (115) (218 LoE)
:chn: Bournea (115) (124 LoE) (208 LoE)

Not - Raid-ready: :grd: Torlin (115) (144 LoE) :brg: Solho (115) (116 LoE)

Up-and-coming: :beo: Galbjorn (60)
Galsamborn

Postby godun » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Welcome to the kinship!
200-light brigade: :rk: Dungod 115 R/Y/B :cpt: Tarmaleth 115 Y/R :min: Rowd 115 B/Y
T1-ready: :wdn: Simbelmin 115 R/B :grd: Godun 115 B/R
Throne-ready: :chn: Rund 115 Y/R
Up-and-coming: :cpt: Beornir 85 B/R (Second Breakfast moose) :lm: Callyn 73 B/Y
Smelling the flowers: :chn: Arynil 60 Y/B (Moria, xp-disabled) :hnt: Lilien 71 B/- (FDS moose, xp-disabled)
godun

Postby Clete » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:26 am

Welcome!
Clete

Postby Ortensiel » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. What a lovely guild and I really enjoyed your event on Tolkien's birthday.

And thanks Tombpyre for the heads up about the Sunday group. Will look out for that in future when I have a less busy weekend than this one. :smile:
Ortensiel

Postby Ranatuor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Welcome to the Elders Rachel :)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Orangeblossom » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Welcome! :)
A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orangeblossom lvl 115 :min: R12 - Saeltheliel lvl 106 :rk: R1
Cyncwen lvl 72 :lm: - Winterberry lvl 107 :brg: - Kathi lvl 55 :grd:

Grishbaz Defiler R7 - Teedee Weaver R5
Orangeblossom

Return to Membership Applications