Application: Gus

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application: Gus

Postby Gus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Name: Bram
Nationality: Dutch
Tell us a bit about yourself:

Having played years of MMO's, I've recently found myself with enough spare time again to go back into exploring LotRO.
I have little experience with the game, my highest character currently being level 30 something. I have however always enjoyed my time I spent on here, and am determined to finally level a few characters up to an impressive state of being. Mainly because I'm competitive and trying to beat one of my friends to the punch by doing the same.
I currently have my girlfriend roped into joining me, but I'm not sure how long I can keep her attention, so I'm looking for some good company! Funnily enough, in my time playing WoW I have befamilied (that's the correct next up from befriended, right?) many people most of which from my period in a guild called ... The Elders. Which may have something to do with this current application. I'm hoping to find a similar experience on LotRO, because I find it helps me enjoy the game more which in turn helps me level faster.
I plan on questing, doing dungeons and having fun. What I do by the time I reach cap I'll have to see, I have always enjoyed raiding in other MMO's, but it's a bit too soon to say with only a level 30 imo.

I am a bit of an altoholic. Which has resulted in me making every class available to play around on until I find something I feel I should focus on. Last I played was probably 2 years ago, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

Current Characters

Barmbo, hobbit Burglar
Bramwise-1 (Only name that wasn't available after transfer :( ), hobbit Minstrel
Gusorin, Guardian dwarf
Ioyes, elf Runekeeper
Quallas, elf Warden
Zasildor, elf Hunter
Zagar, hooman Captain
Zasdar, hooman Champion
Zastan, hooman Loremaster

And since today: Gusarr, Beorning Beorning! heh

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you soon. Be good.
Gus

Re: Application: Gus

Postby Lucyhobbit » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Good luck with your application, there are many altoholics amongst us - mine usually live till around l50 then meet their doom to start again!
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Cara » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Welcome Gus. Ironically, The Elders in WoW have no connection to us at all - in almost every other current MMO there is an Elders' guild that did spring from LOTRO roots. However, if they are also a bunch of grumpy old gits who like nothing better than a good moan and can't remember where they left anything, then clearly they are brothers & sisters in spirit.

As a new Member, you'll be a Recruit for 21 days. During this period, you're not allowed any alts in the kin I'm afraid. This is to give old people a chance to get to know you before you suddenly dissolve into 9 different people. After that - feel free!

Anyhow, we're open for recruitment and you're welcome to join us. Look in the Social Panel for Elders who are online and send a tell to one asking if any officers are around. Usually there are but just right now you may need to wait a day or two for people to recover from Christmas, New Year & family obligations and be online again. Definitely 3 officers should be online after around 8pm Sunday (UK time).
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Ranatuor » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:42 pm

Welcome Gus :)

I just tried to see if you were online (easiest way is to add names of alts to friends list) but nearly all said I couldn't add them :(
Hope to see you online so I can add you at some point.
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Gus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 pm

First of all. Damn you for making me stick to one character for 21 days! Next thing you'll tell me I'm only allowed one cup of coffee. *grmbl. But ok, I see your point. I guess. *huffs

Oh, I had no illusions These Elders would be connected to the ones in WoW :) It's a happy coincidence that just makes me trying to socialize with someone else a bit easier.

I'll try to contact someone online. As soon as I can figure out which character to play.

Perhaps the Beorning, as I'm starting fresh anyway.

Or maybe hunter, it has served me well in WoW.

I love playing a dwarf tanky guy though.

Warden looks interesting too.

Damn you! *shakes fist
Gus

Postby Doronwen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Welcome to altoholics anonym-.... er, I mean welcome to the kin!

:welcome:
The elves:
:chn: Doronwen (105) :min: Eregwen (100) :grd: Lalmewen (100) :lm: Neldorwen (100)
:rk: Tathrewen (87) :hnt: Thonwen (87) :wdn: Tuluswen (85)

The hobbits:
:brg: Serianthe (76) :hnt: Perilla (100)

The other one:
:cpt: Halyth (100)
Doronwen

Postby Ranatuor » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:29 am

You'll fit in just fine ;) Welcome to the Elders!
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby millelirin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:41 am

Welcome aboard! :)
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Postby Bero » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:12 am

Welcome Gus :D
Raiders: Beroin Captain (115) Bero Burglar (115) Berinth Minstrel (115)
Not Ready: Isla Guardian (105) Gilabor Hunter (107) Berimli Champion (105) Weylun Loremaster (105)
Levellers: Gilborin Runekeeper (28)

NOT AVAILABLE TO RAID ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS!
Bero

Postby Cara » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Wow! He's complaining already. :D So even though his actual age is quite young, he's already a grumpy old git! You're gonna like it here Gus! Well, when we let you have some alts at least.

Errmm, did you read the post about how to make an application? Just asking. Your forum name has to match your Main name. Now if you join with one of those that start "Gus-", we can let that slide. If you want to choose another alt, we may need to change your forum name. Honestly, we're not being awkward - this community really works because there's a continuity in jokes, discussions, banter across forums->game->forum. Because they're all linked by a common name, it means that all can follow what's happening, whether they're newcomers to the kin, or people returning, or people who weren't on one evening but can catch up on a joke via the forum because all the names match. Etc.

If your main is one of the Gus- toons but you want to spend your 21 days on a different alt then we won't change your name cos we'd only have to change it back in 3 weeks when your main joins! Honestly, you have no idea how hard my life is! I'm always having to figure out what option will be the least confusing for Elderly minds. And then Elderly minds amaze you by getting utterly confused about the one option that really looked the simplest to you. So someone tries to explain it in a thread. Three posts in they're talking about fly fishing, last night's TV and the best kinds of cheese. Thirteen pages in they're having a polite flame war about whether tea should be brewed in a pot of whether bags in a mug are ok and then a Scandi kinnie will criticise the disgusting Brit habit of eating custard and... Well, let's just say it can get really hard being me. Herding cats has nothing on this lot. And you should see them on the skirmish raid!! My God! How hard is it to follow a simple instruction to do one thing or not do one thing? And whose fault is it when they end up killing themselves by accident eh? And another thing... Hang on, I just need to get a cup of tea and then I'll come back to it.
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Doronwen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Roquefort!

<runs (well, limps) away giggling>
The elves:
:chn: Doronwen (105) :min: Eregwen (100) :grd: Lalmewen (100) :lm: Neldorwen (100)
:rk: Tathrewen (87) :hnt: Thonwen (87) :wdn: Tuluswen (85)

The hobbits:
:brg: Serianthe (76) :hnt: Perilla (100)

The other one:
:cpt: Halyth (100)
Doronwen

Postby Lucyhobbit » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Cara wrote:
Errmm, did you read the post about how to make an application? Just asking. Your forum name has to match your Main name. Now if you join with one of those that start "Gus-", we can let that slide. If you want to choose another alt, we may need to change your forum name.

Don't worry Cara he already did with his baby Beorning
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby millelirin » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Doronwen wrote:Roquefort!

<runs (well, limps) away giggling>

I just found this tweet, I think it's appropriate here :mrgreen:

Last edited by millelirin on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Postby Cara » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Why does that mean I'm getting old....? *defensively* ;)
-R. Acket

Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Dolgolleth » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Welcome aboard, Gus, hope to see your Beorning pirate around.
RAID STATUS: probably my Captain, but they were always willing and ready to take one for the team if the cause was just.
(although, to be sure, 5h1t happens)
~~~
Indigofera, female Hobbit Hunter: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, level 30;
Rhodolite, female Hobbit Minstrel: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Orthoclase, female Hobbit Guardian: 16/11/15-, Armourer/Metalsmith, "Wartroll mooser", level 31 and back on the stone;
Norndottir, female Beorning: 20/02/16-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Morwalda, female Captain: 20/02/16-, Armourer/Metalsmith; Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 by mistake 19/03/16 - level 105 now;
Agalind, female Human Burglar: 20/02/16-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Idhressel, female Human Lore-Master: 20/02/16-, Historian/Scholar, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;
Dolgolleth, female Elven Champion: 03/03/15-03/10/15 & 5/10/15-, Tinker/Jeweller, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 95;
Engolleth, female Elven Warden: 01/11/15-, Woodsperson/Woodworker, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 31/05/16), level 105;
Nargolleth, female Elven Rune-Keeper: 24/10/15-, Explorer/Tailor, (Blessing of the Valar Upgrade to 95 due to boredom 02/12/16), level 96;

Notes:
01.) Don't use someone else's crafting facility, you'll be teased about it for ages;
02.) Do as I say not as I do, then you might not promote the wrong alt;
03.) If you can't take a comment don't make a comment;
04.) Big signatures take up a lot of message space in the forums;
05.) be mindful of your kinfolk, you never know when they'll be made Officers;
06.) the world is full of people who think they are, or know better than, you - just keep doing the right thing and let them wallow in their surquedry;
07.) in life, try and resist the common urge to be like the rest of the sheeple who follow the lowest common denominator - do the best you can and you'll get on fine;
08.) if people can ask the question rather than think for themselves then they will, so there's no point getting frustrated about it - none of this "teach a man to fish" nonsense in the 21st century;
09.) Be careful of hurting others' feelings when you make an attempt at humour;
10.) Ain't nobody got time for that;
Dolgolleth

Postby Flintori » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:43 am

Welcome aboard Gus :) Looking forward to catching up in game

And Cara don't worry whilst you are positively ancient, Overlord Dark Queen Tyrant's tend to be imortal. Unless we drop your cats in Mount Doom... or something.... possibly...
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Clete » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:27 am

Welcome to the Kin!
Clete

Return to Membership Applications