Application

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application

Postby Gythlad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:44 pm

About me:

Name: Stefan
Nationality: Romanian
Tell us a bit about yourself: I have a squirmy little dog whom I love very much. I've recently picked up an amazing job at Microsoft, so I have that going for me. I am in a long-term relationship (which hampers my available gaming time occasionally) and recently got back to playing LotRO. I love Sci-Fi and High Fantasy - I was heartbroken when Warhammer Online shut down.

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)? Er, difficult to answer. I used to play on Gilrain since release (and have been playing LotRO since the closed stress tests), but I quit just before Mirkwood was released. I honestly don't recall what my character's name was, or the guild I was in, but I *did* find a mail thread with an in-game buddy from 2009 in my Gmail archives.. apparently I was a member of Defenders of the Light, BroKen and H&G, though I don't recall in what order. I apparently moved to The Damned after leaving H&G when Brooklyn left it with her husband due to Eflhie being "a right bitch" (as per the e-mails). Then I moved to Snowbourn when the buddy I was e-mailing with quit LotRO, then I moved on to WoW. Bear in mind, this isn't from memory, but bits and bobs gleaned from those few e-mails. I managed to find a forum post (http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/race-m ... ost3291545) of mine showing off my character, but of course the UI is turned off - I still have no clue what my Champ was called. Tulamdir, maybe?
Why do you want to join The Elders? I've heard mostly good things about you and you were highly recommended by Brambleholly.
What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)? Good question. Well, since I lost my level 60s due to not having a clue that I need to take any action to migrate to US servers, levelling my champ to 100. Then raiding, gearing and levelling alts/helping people. I'm primarily focused on getting 100 and gearing my Champ so that I can run lower-level stuff for others. The community in LotRO is amazing and I'd like to do what little I can to make it a smidge better.

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Gythlad
Class: Champion
Level: 87
Trade skills: Tinker, full Prospector/Jeweller mastery and ~ 30-40k rep off Eastemnet Master of the Jeweller's Guild

Also two alts I'll be focusing on once Gythlad is 100, Gythlund (Warden) and Torndin (RK). I want one of each (DPS, tank, healer).

Thank you for taking the time to go over my application.
Gythlad

Re: Application

Postby Cara » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Welcome Gythlad Of Little Memory! ;)

We have a recruit space for you, so you're welcome to join. To be honest, your post gave me something of a pause at your mention of Brooklyn. We had our own experiences of this lady. However, it's all long ago and I believe she is no longer in game anyway. And we're very fond of Teaco/Brambleholly...

Look for "Elders" in the social panel, send a /tell to any of them asking what Officers are online so you can get an invite.

Please don't forget to read our Charter if you haven't already!

Welcome to The Elders. :)
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Doronwen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Welcome!

<waves>

Do ask me if you need any materials to finish off the tinker levels :-)
The elves:
:chn: Doronwen (105) :min: Eregwen (100) :grd: Lalmewen (100) :lm: Neldorwen (100)
:rk: Tathrewen (87) :hnt: Thonwen (87) :wdn: Tuluswen (85)

The hobbits:
:brg: Serianthe (76) :hnt: Perilla (100)

The other one:
:cpt: Halyth (100)
Doronwen

Postby Lucyhobbit » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Poor memory? You'll fit right in! Welcome to the madhouse
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Steppa » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Welcome to the kin Stefan!
I don't get it?!?

Steppa Ulyssea - Warrior of Light
Steppa
Horsemaster of the Tenth Year & Kin Jester

Postby Orangeblossom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Welcome! :)
A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orangeblossom lvl 115 :min: R12 - Saeltheliel lvl 106 :rk: R1
Cyncwen lvl 72 :lm: - Winterberry lvl 107 :brg: - Kathi lvl 55 :grd:

Grishbaz Defiler R7 - Teedee Weaver R5
Orangeblossom

Postby Jedy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Cara wrote: Brooklyn. We had our own experiences of this lady. However, it's all long ago and I believe she is no longer in game anyway

I REALLY must log into this game... :shock: :shock: :shock:
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."

The Slave Code.
When our ambition is bounded, it leads us to work joyfully.
When our ambition is unbounded, it leads us to lie, to cheat, to hurt others.
When our fears are bounded, we're prudent, we're cautious, we're thoughtful.
When our fears are unbounded and overblown, we're reckless and cowardly.
Our bounds make us free.
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Postby Ranatuor » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:21 am

Welcome :)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Bero » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:50 am

Welcome to the mad house :D
Raiders: Beroin Captain (115) Bero Burglar (115) Berinth Minstrel (115)
Not Ready: Isla Guardian (105) Gilabor Hunter (107) Berimli Champion (105) Weylun Loremaster (105)
Levellers: Gilborin Runekeeper (28)

NOT AVAILABLE TO RAID ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS!
Bero

Postby Gythlad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you! I'm logging now, I'll see who I can catch online.
Gythlad

Postby Flintori » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Welcome :)
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Mog » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:35 pm

And despite my best efforts and dire warnings about Cara, he still wanted in. Madman!
Mogwyn - 100 Champion (Raid Ready)
Mograndir - 100 Loremaster (Raid Ready)
Mogstrelle - 100 Minstrel (Raid Ready)
Mog

Postby Thrandier » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Gythlad wrote: Why do you want to join The Elders? I've heard mostly good things about you and you were highly recommended by Brambleholly.

If we're "highly recommended" the folks doing the recommending must have really low standards.
If we're "highly recommended" the folks doing the recommending must have really low standards.

Welcome!? Is that the right word? Don't know anymore. Oh well, back to the tunnel!
:hnt: Thrandier lvl 102 Historian - Thran has returned to semi-activement and is back making an arse of things as normal. Unfortunately still trying to track down his housing items after the bailiffs were called!

:chn: Rathrendi lvl 33 Weaponsmith - Still in Intensive care due to neglect.

Non-Active Non-Kin Alts

:grd: Gilphillad, Kin Leader, Song of the Dead
:min: Thrandian, Call of Orome addict
:cpt: Iyara - Deceased, Deleted, Dumped - (select as per your mood)
:rk: Ioristion, Searching for the arsehole who made him change his name.
:brg: ??, He's a burglar, why the hell would I tell you his name!! Muppets......

?? - Mystery Character - It could be me standing next to you :shock: :s :lol:

Golden Rule

Make sure your signature is long enough to avoid pointless conversation

Pearls of wisdom

1. Nothing makes the day go faster than doing something no one has asked you to do.
2. Don't jab an Alpaca with a cattle prod - they're immune to electricity.
3. Don't give Dolgolleth access to a freebee box - he'll never leave.
4. Never let your dog off it's lead and expect it to willingly come back when you ask.
5. Always suggest home improvements to the wife in a way that makes her think it's her idea.
6. Never expect Steppa to help you when you're neck deep in Orcs in Moria.
7. Never trust a character you meet in LOTRO that doesn't have a Bio.
8. Never trust a character you meet in LOTRO whose name is only 4 letters long.
9. When you answer the phone and it one of your parents, hang up. They're only phoning to ask for something.
10. The more a Dwarf complains about Elves only confirms how much he actually loves them.
11. Never ask Dol for advice on which Alt to upgrade.
12. Don't save your last bullet, just ask politely for some more.
13. Just because an udder serves the same function as a breast doesn't mean it's a good idea to suck it.
14. Don't join the Elders if you like solitude.
15. Do join the Elders if you like to have someone close by just in case the battery on your mobility scooter runs out.
16. If the main pole on your rotary drier breaks, don't throw it away. Just stick a wooden brush handle inside it. It'll work just the same.
17. No matter how crap your weapon is, chances are it's still better than an imbued one.
18. Never accept the offer of promotion unless you actually applied for it in the first place.
19. When it's been a while since you last logged in, think about what your password is BEFORE you get to the stage being locked out.
20. Find out what a forum thread is about BEFORE you start to read it. You'll only ruin your day otherwise.
21. Rana always seems to have waaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands.
22. Women and cling film should NEVER be allowed in the same room at the same time.
23. Jimmy Osmond looks like a Masterchef should look.
24. If some fool puts a 9999 character limit on signatures, you are duty bound to create one that big!
25. Life is hard, grow a pair.
26. Never, EVER, tell a married woman your rubber finger has gone hard and the end has cracked due to overuse.
27. When your new Minister tells you his services last an hour and a bit, understand that "a bit" means about 50 minutes.
Thrandier

Return to Membership Applications