Tolmam

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Tolmam

Postby Tolmam » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 pm

About you (in real-life):

Name:Craig
Nationality: Welsh/British but always class my self as a Taffy(Welsh) :D
Tell us a bit about yourself: I work full time in customer services within the finance industry live with my better half of 10 yrs who puts up with my gaming habits. If the weather is right and winds are good I will be found on a beach or a field being dragged along on a board by a 3 meter power kite :twisted: . I love mushrooms so a hobbit was the way forward :lol: my mrs does often say you must have been a hobbit in your previous life

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)? Started playing when we was on the eu servers just before we all got migrated, was in the kin with Becca(Doronwen) & Froggy as part of the conclave, once the migration happened the kin we were in seemed to die out a little, we lost a number of players to GW2, the remaining members then merged with FH and have been part of them since then.
Why do you want to join The Elders? Because I'm not being left behind :)
What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)? Levelling and questing, not seen my self as a raider as I am a frequent afker and sometimes do not log in for a few months at a time, although not as long as 3 yrs :)

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Tolmam
Class: Hunter
Level:77
Trade skills: Westemnet Forester, Artisan Prospector & Mater Tailor

I do have alts but are low lvl, Tol is my main.
:min: Minimam lvl 18, :hnt: Tolmam lvl80

If we're not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge :?:
Tolmam

Re: Tolmam

Postby Cara » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:13 pm

As an ex-FH member, you can be admitted even though we're closed to general recruitment. So welcome to the kin, Craig. :)
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Thrandier » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Yay, a soloer!!

There is a few of us here and we mostly spend our time laughing at those 'end gamers' that struggle to walk unaided unless in the company of at least 5 others.

A couple of things to be aware of though.

1. Ignore the Kin leader (not for any particular reason other than it really winds her up).
2. Ignore the Kin leader....you know where this is going!
3. Ignore the idiosyncratic dwarf in Poland. Unless you're short, fat and have no discernable features that identify what sex you are (as a hobbit, 1 out of 3 is good enough!!), he'll probably be ignoring you anyway.
4. Send any fireworks you get to Rana.
5. Never, ever, ask Steppa help you in a 2 man group. He'll more than likely just run round in circles, picking flowers while you get your butt kicked by a hairy arsed troll.
6. Don't disrespect horses or they won't allow you to jump off cliffs.
7. You must have a bio.
8. Flint is not a traitor even though he has moved to the dark side and become an officer.
9. If you see Thran in-game, hide as no one (and I mean no one) does group content/instances/skirmishes/big battles/raids/co-op stuff as badly as him.
10. If you do get accepted into the kin, understand that you'll never, ever, get out again.
11. Even if you double your age and then add 30, you'll still be younger than Drax.
12. Esp has roughly 84 alts.
13. Being pregnant is no excuse for anything.
14. logging on after 11pm on a Saturday night will normally find you in the company of the most rounded individuals in the kin.
15. See when I said 'a couple of things' I meant......

Having said all that, I can't say if you'll get in but, as a soloer, I think you should. However, a rotunde Hobbit will, I am sure, be along shortly (as if they could be anything else) and try to justify her continued roll as our illustrious leader.

Good luck with that.

Thran.

Feck, she got there first :shock:
:hnt: Thrandier lvl 102 Historian - Thran has returned to semi-activement and is back making an arse of things as normal. Unfortunately still trying to track down his housing items after the bailiffs were called!

:chn: Rathrendi lvl 33 Weaponsmith - Still in Intensive care due to neglect.

Non-Active Non-Kin Alts

:grd: Gilphillad, Kin Leader, Song of the Dead
:min: Thrandian, Call of Orome addict
:cpt: Iyara - Deceased, Deleted, Dumped - (select as per your mood)
:rk: Ioristion, Searching for the arsehole who made him change his name.
:brg: ??, He's a burglar, why the hell would I tell you his name!! Muppets......

?? - Mystery Character - It could be me standing next to you :shock: :s :lol:

Golden Rule

Make sure your signature is long enough to avoid pointless conversation

Pearls of wisdom

1. Nothing makes the day go faster than doing something no one has asked you to do.
2. Don't jab an Alpaca with a cattle prod - they're immune to electricity.
3. Don't give Dolgolleth access to a freebee box - he'll never leave.
4. Never let your dog off it's lead and expect it to willingly come back when you ask.
5. Always suggest home improvements to the wife in a way that makes her think it's her idea.
6. Never expect Steppa to help you when you're neck deep in Orcs in Moria.
7. Never trust a character you meet in LOTRO that doesn't have a Bio.
8. Never trust a character you meet in LOTRO whose name is only 4 letters long.
9. When you answer the phone and it one of your parents, hang up. They're only phoning to ask for something.
10. The more a Dwarf complains about Elves only confirms how much he actually loves them.
11. Never ask Dol for advice on which Alt to upgrade.
12. Don't save your last bullet, just ask politely for some more.
13. Just because an udder serves the same function as a breast doesn't mean it's a good idea to suck it.
14. Don't join the Elders if you like solitude.
15. Do join the Elders if you like to have someone close by just in case the battery on your mobility scooter runs out.
16. If the main pole on your rotary drier breaks, don't throw it away. Just stick a wooden brush handle inside it. It'll work just the same.
17. No matter how crap your weapon is, chances are it's still better than an imbued one.
18. Never accept the offer of promotion unless you actually applied for it in the first place.
19. When it's been a while since you last logged in, think about what your password is BEFORE you get to the stage being locked out.
20. Find out what a forum thread is about BEFORE you start to read it. You'll only ruin your day otherwise.
21. Rana always seems to have waaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands.
22. Women and cling film should NEVER be allowed in the same room at the same time.
23. Jimmy Osmond looks like a Masterchef should look.
24. If some fool puts a 9999 character limit on signatures, you are duty bound to create one that big!
25. Life is hard, grow a pair.
26. Never, EVER, tell a married woman your rubber finger has gone hard and the end has cracked due to overuse.
27. When your new Minister tells you his services last an hour and a bit, understand that "a bit" means about 50 minutes.
Thrandier

Postby Lucyhobbit » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Ignoring Thran........welcome to the kin, a delightful and general funny place to belong.
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Cara » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:16 pm

Lucyhobbit wrote:Ignoring Thran.........

Which, to be fair, is what most of us do.... :DD
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Doronwen » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Yay! Glad you made your way here :D I really think you'll feel at home and fit right in!
The elves:
:chn: Doronwen (105) :min: Eregwen (100) :grd: Lalmewen (100) :lm: Neldorwen (100)
:rk: Tathrewen (87) :hnt: Thonwen (87) :wdn: Tuluswen (85)

The hobbits:
:brg: Serianthe (76) :hnt: Perilla (100)

The other one:
:cpt: Halyth (100)
Doronwen

Postby Steppa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:22 pm

I know a very good spot for picking flowers - there are hardly any foes at all there - only the odd dragon or two

Welcome to Kin Tolmam!
I don't get it?!?

Steppa Ulyssea - Warrior of Light
Steppa
Horsemaster of the Tenth Year & Kin Jester

Postby Tolmam » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Thank you all :) look forward to meeting you all, Becca did say you are all nice people

If we're not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge :?:
Tolmam

Postby Mappo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 pm

We are? *note to self must try harder to be evil*

*another note to self - role model Cara*

*agrghh who left these notes?*
Mappo Runt.....Lvl 105 Elf Rune Keeper - general all round flashy Elf stud
Mape...............Lvl 101 Human Lady Burglar - she'll have your wallet and your heart
Masan Gilani...Lvl 105 Elf Lady Warden - not to be messed with. She has lots of pointy sticks!
Mattock.........Lvl 105 Beorning - Roaaaar!
Madrun..........Lvl 56 Dwarf mini - bad singing and banging of drums guaranteed.
(Signature pilfered from Pen, cos he is my hero)
Malcontent.......Rk 5 Warg
Malignant.........Rk 7 Weaver

Mappo

Postby Thrandier » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Mappo wrote:We are? *note to self must try harder to be evil*

*another note to self - role model Cara*

*agrghh who left these notes?*

*Thran registers his disgust alongside that of Mappo*

Who are these people anyway???? Anyone would think we're open for recruitment or something!?!?
:hnt: Thrandier lvl 102 Historian - Thran has returned to semi-activement and is back making an arse of things as normal. Unfortunately still trying to track down his housing items after the bailiffs were called!

Non-Active Non-Kin Alts

:brg: ??, He's a burglar, why the hell would I tell you his name!! Muppets......

Golden Rule

Pearls of wisdom

1. Nothing makes the day go faster than doing something no one has asked you to do.
4. Never let your dog off it's lead and expect it to willingly come back when you ask.
5. Always suggest home improvements to the wife in a way that makes her think it's her idea.
9. When you answer the phone and it one of your parents, hang up. They're only phoning to ask for something.
10. The more a Dwarf complains about Elves only confirms how much he actually loves them.
13. Just because an udder serves the same function as a breast doesn't mean it's a good idea to suck it.
15. Do join the Elders if you like to have someone close by just in case the battery on your mobility scooter runs out.
16. If the main pole on your rotary drier breaks, don't throw it away. Just stick a wooden brush handle inside it. It'll work just the same.
17. No matter how crap your weapon is, chances are it's still better than an imbued one.
18. Never accept the offer of promotion unless you actually applied for it in the first place.
19. When it's been a while since you last logged in, think about what your password is BEFORE you get to the stage being locked out.
20. Find out what a forum thread is about BEFORE you start to read it. You'll only ruin your day otherwise.
22. Women and cling film should NEVER be allowed in the same room at the same time.
24. If some fool puts a 9999 character limit on signatures, you are duty bound to create one that big!
26. Never, EVER, tell a married woman your rubber finger has gone hard and the end has cracked due to overuse.
27. When your new Minister tells you his services last an hour and a bit, understand that "a bit" means about 50 minutes.
Thrandier

Postby Tolmam » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm

We're not open for recruitment, I'm only being let in because I'm the token hobbit of FH and see myself a little bit of a mascot :lol:

Tolmam

Postby Thrandier » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:41 am

I suppose as a Hobbit you will be little but, more importantly, you're a soloer and that's good enough in my book :D .

Just one wee question tho. Is your mother really, really tall :lol: ??

Non-Active Non-Kin Alts

Golden Rule

Pearls of wisdom

Thrandier

Postby Flintori » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Yay, I am not a traitor :roll:

Welcome aboard Tolman :)
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Bero » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Welcome Tolmam :D
Raiders: Beroin Captain (115) Bero Burglar (115) Berinth Minstrel (115)
Not Ready: Isla Guardian (105) Gilabor Hunter (107) Berimli Champion (105) Weylun Loremaster (105)
Levellers: Gilborin Runekeeper (28)

NOT AVAILABLE TO RAID ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS!
Bero

Postby Valkrist » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Give one the Officers a shout for an invite :)
Valkrist Level 115 Elf :chn: (Doomfold Weaponsmith) (Raider)
Valdarion Level 115 Elf :hnt: (Doomfold Jeweller) (Raider)
Valendor Level 115 Elf :min: (Doomfold Tailor) (NRR)
Valedan Level 115 Elf :grd: (Doomfold Metalsmith) (Mooser / Raider)
Valendir Level 91 Elf :lm: (Doomfold Scholar)
Vallenya Level 18 High Elf :rk:
Valmor Level 17 Man :brg:
Vallorn Level 14 :beo:
Valkrist
Turnip Aficionado

Postby Ranatuor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:15 am

Welcome, ignore the crazy ones.

...wait, that means the whole kin ;)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Return to Membership Applications