Application from another Elf

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application from another Elf

Postby Saeldireth » Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Name: Tams
Nationality: Technically British
Tell us a bit about yourself:
Currently based in the EU, maybe a bit young but I do love the Hitchhiker's Guide, Fawlty Towers, and a host of other niche type humour. But if you can get by the love of the arbitrary you'll find someone who is super helpful, occasionally chatty, conscientious and funny to watch with my poor sense of direction and uncanny ability to fall off bridges.

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)?
I've been playing for a couple of months but find everything is still pretty new. Originally with a laid back guild but unfortunately the leader got sick and couldn't keep up a regular playing schedule. Sadly kin attendance died out and had to move to greener pastures if I didn't want to be the only one online. Joined new Kin I'd previously encountered who were very active on all fronts and after a week had seen some pretty crazy stuff. (Provosts having rogue meetings on how to usurp leadership and a guild leader more focused on "skinning officers alive" during a Kin meeting instead of resolving issues away from newbies eyes and the like) left today.

Why do you want to join The Elders?
I'm just looking for a warm, casual home base where people are supportive and kind. After reading up on your philosophy and outlook on LoTRO, you guys sound like a mythical unicorn. Too good to be true but you probably won't leave it if it accepts you.
What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)?
I plan to focus on leveling and doing any side quest I can get my hands on. But I am always open to helping out with instances or even fellowing for mundane quests/deeds. As I'm still new, I'm happy to give anything else a try!

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Saeldireth
Class: Hunter/Taxi
Level: 55
Trade skills: Yeoman, access to alt Explorer

Ps. I go everywhere with my swan, Cobbe. Please let him in too.
:hnt: Saeldireth, Yeoman
:grd: Silidago, Scholar
:min: Sinawyn, Explorer
Saeldireth

Re: Application from another Elf

Postby Valkrist » Fri May 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi Tams

Thanks for the application and welcome to the Kin :)
Valkrist Level 115 Elf :chn: (Doomfold Weaponsmith) (Raider)
Valdarion Level 115 Elf :hnt: (Doomfold Jeweller) (Raider)
Valendor Level 115 Elf :min: (Doomfold Tailor) (NRR)
Valedan Level 115 Elf :grd: (Doomfold Metalsmith) (Mooser / Raider)
Valendir Level 91 Elf :lm: (Doomfold Scholar)
Vallenya Level 18 High Elf :rk:
Valmor Level 17 Man :brg:
Vallorn Level 14 :beo:
Valkrist
Turnip Aficionado

Postby Cayenne » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Saeldireth wrote: and funny to watch with my poor sense of direction and uncanny ability to fall off bridges.

Youll fit right in, you can trade stories about falling and getting lost with Cara and Rana. :lol:

Welcome!
Mains:
:grd: Cayenne Gray, The Glacier Queen (115), Metalsmith
:hnt: Elennessa, Destiny of the Accursed (115), Woodworker
:brg: Femme Fatale, Creep (115), Jeweller / Cook

Alts:
:min: Aurelina, The Bard (103), Guilded Scholar
:chn: Beleriana Bell, Go-getter (88), Tailor
:cpt: Duredhel, Watcher of the Roads (62), Weaponsmith / Scholar

Housing and Roleplaying:
:cpt: (Tom) Heartwood Superintendent of Laurelin (54), Guilded Cook
Cayenne

Postby Cara » Sat May 19, 2018 3:42 pm

...and Lucy, don't forget Lucy.

Anyway, with that one sentence you showed you would fit right in; all the finest and best of kinnies get lost in a wardrobe and fall off any bridge (and cliff - don't forget cliffs) they come across.

You will be the official Kin Baby though... :DD Definitely the youngest. But if you have that (unusual in the young :roll: :lecture: ) ability to appreciate Elderly grumpiness and recognise it for the rapier wit and brilliance *we* know it as, and realise the forgetfulness around you is simply the result of brains packed full of experience and Far More Important Things To Think About Than Why I Suddenly Decided I Needed To Be In Bree, I'd hope you'll fit right in. You're most certainly welcome to give us a try!

Standard blurb: You'll be a Recruit for 21 days while we get to know each other and during that time you can only have your main in the kin (it's easier to get to know someone before they devolve into hundreds of different alts. :)) Once you're all settled, we do expect Members not to have characters in different kinships (we can't stalk you, so this is just on your honour!) There are a number of exceptions. It's absolutely fine to have your own personal kinship, as we know some people like to own kinhouses and so on. We're also ok with you having an alt in a kin for something we're not really able to provide(*) - such as an RP or PvP kin - but please do talk to me or an Officer about it. You'll find us very understanding. :P

(*) In your case, I guess it could be for discussion of modern pop music and/or celebrities we've never heard of. And ....err... whatever nonsense it is young people talk about these days ;D

ps Your first experience of grumbling will happen any time now from an ancient, bad-tempered dwarf who believes the recruitment of any elf is an outrage and a scandal. I fear it could be worse when it comes to a young elf. He has one of those at home.... :lol:

pps No drama here... move along... Too old to be arsed.
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Jedy » Sat May 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Cara wrote:.

ps Your first experience of grumbling will happen any time now from an ancient, bad-tempered dwarf who believes the recruitment of any elf is an outrage and a scandal. I fear it could be worse when it comes to a young elf. He has one of those at home.... :lol:

I was conspicuous by my absence from this thread.
We, Dwarves, are downtrodden here by the Elven Masses anyway.... What another
YOUNG ELF HUNTER is to us...
We shall endure....

Cara wrote:(*) In your case, I guess it could be for discussion of modern pop music and/or celebrities we've never heard of. And ....err... whatever nonsense it is young people talk about these days ;D

Before every raid, please DO try to talk about shoes, or fashion.
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."

The Slave Code.
When our ambition is bounded, it leads us to work joyfully.
When our ambition is unbounded, it leads us to lie, to cheat, to hurt others.
When our fears are bounded, we're prudent, we're cautious, we're thoughtful.
When our fears are unbounded and overblown, we're reckless and cowardly.
Our bounds make us free.
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Postby Lucyhobbit » Sat May 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Cara wrote:...and Lucy, don't forget Lucy.

Anyway, with that one sentence you showed you would fit right in; all the finest and best of kinnies get lost in a wardrobe and fall off any bridge (and cliff - don't forget cliffs) they come across.

Yes, its true, I cannot navigate my way out of a paper bag, let alone a deadly war zone. Besides falling off cliffs is my form of exercise :P

Welcome to the kin!
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby godun » Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Welcome!

Jedy wrote:Before every raid, please DO try to talk about shoes, or fashion.

Exactly.

We don't want to hear about that stuff during the raid, ya know?
200-light brigade: :rk: Dungod 115 R/Y/B :cpt: Tarmaleth 115 Y/R :min: Rowd 115 B/Y
T1-ready: :wdn: Simbelmin 115 R/B :grd: Godun 115 B/R
Throne-ready: :chn: Rund 115 Y/R
Up-and-coming: :cpt: Beornir 85 B/R (Second Breakfast moose) :lm: Callyn 73 B/Y
Smelling the flowers: :chn: Arynil 60 Y/B (Moria, xp-disabled) :hnt: Lilien 71 B/- (FDS moose, xp-disabled)
godun

Postby Tombpyre » Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Welcome to the kin. You bring great inspiration we can learn from. Skinning officers, what a fun pasttime- we need that :-)
Flame of Udun

:hnt: Toronduil 115 t2 115 ready
:cpt: Aicanaro 115 t2 115 ready
:lm: Tombpyre 79 Questing

As angry as a dwarf with a yoyo

All crafts at max (except farming) - Stack of Mules lvl 15-114 (can be activated if any needs help on particular levels).

House at 4 Twinfall path, Lothrellant.

If you build a man a fire, he is warm for one day. If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
Tombpyre

Postby Saeldireth » Sun May 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks for all the welcoming messages :D
Though I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you all if you were hoping for the annoying discussion of current pop music, celebrities, shopping or shoes.

I'm afraid I don't listen to mainstream radio and rather opt for a solid taste in contemporary folk, indie and rock (with blues roots all the better.) I tend to pay more attention to fictional heroes than the latest media sensation and view shopping as a means to an end more than something to be enjoyed. (Unless it's garden centres or craft stores)
Shoe shopping is generally loathed and only occurs once every two years on average.

However, if you would like some form of mild irritation with which you can complain, I know the SpongeBob theme song off by heart, am recently married yet still in love, and I possess a frustrating habit of employing an antidiluvian vocabulary that will dramatically increase your need for a dictionary. I might also try to show off my 2nd language or painting ability.

I'll look forward to seeing you all in game! :DD
:hnt: Saeldireth, Yeoman
:grd: Silidago, Scholar
:min: Sinawyn, Explorer
Saeldireth

Postby Atek » Mon May 21, 2018 9:06 am

Welcome to the kin Tams :)
Atek :rk: 115 t1 rdy
Bovin :chn: 115
Magram :lm: 115 t1 rdy
Ahtanap :fcpt: 115 t1 rdy
Snina :brg: 105
Wrathian :beo: 105

"Death came for the dwarf and tried to take him, whereupon the warrior squared his shoulders, dug his heels against the granite floor, and told him to go. Death turned around and left.”
Atek

Postby Amaradel » Fri May 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Welcome to the kin
I don't know the theme from SpongeBob but pretty good at the French version of Spider Pig from the Simpsons. - Duet?
Amaredel :hnt: Brhami :min: Besteiros :beo: Gemozac :chn:
Theoya :cpt: Maeroval :rk:
Amaradel

Postby millelirin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Welcome aboard!
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Return to Membership Applications