Application

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application

Postby Baltars » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 am

About you (in real-life):

Name: Paul

Nationality: English

Tell us a bit about yourself: Hello - I am happily married with 2 grown up sons and live not far from the coast in southern Hampshire, UK. Part of my job is working with computer simulations and some occasionally gaming, yes work pays me to play certain games although the pay is poor. My hobbies have mostly been board and computer gaming from an early age.

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)? I have been playing off but most on LOTRO for over 9 years, am a Lifer with 12 characters but mainly play; Hunter and Captain. I have 'Tortoise' some characters at levels 75, 60, 40 and working on another to get him to 25ish to play instances on or near level, the others are mostly crafters, all maxed professions. Started LOTRO on Eldar, then started again with friends on Withywindle before the transfer here. Spent a few months in a raiding kinship but like many other Kinships, people drifted away. I was until today an Officer for over 3 years in my previous Kinship but over the past year, numbers have dropped so much, I am often the only Officer online for days and only see 1 to 2 members login in.

Why do you want to join The Elders?
I still like playing the game, even after all these years and enjoy group content but PUGs are not the same as playing with Kin. Its difficult to learn T2 stuff in a PUG and my short term memory is terrible, took the wrong turn recently in the Great Barrow instance. Have read many of the other applications to join your kinship and your responses have been very welcoming and feel it is a place my characters can feel at home with.

What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)?
Group content, getting the hang of my Valar'd Captain and getting my new toon to 25ish to park him there for some GB fun.

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Baltars
Class: Hunter
Level: 115
Trade skills: Explorer (have all maxed crafter alts)
Baltars

Re: Application

Postby Cara » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Excuse me, but my response may be a little incoherent as I struggle to regain control of myself. So you ONCE took ONE wrong turn in Great Barrow and your "short term memory is terrible"??? That puts you, like, in the top 2% of Elders' cognitive functioning no question.

On the 7th May 2011, I once took the correct turn in Great Barrow. It didn't save any time because I needed to go back and revive my kinnie fellowship who had all fainted dead away. Well, that was my intention obviously, but unfortunately I got lost trying to find them.

I have a cat who sits by the PC quite often when I'm playing. He thinks my game name is "That's The Wrong Way Cara", since that's the thing he hears most often. (He thinks his name is "NO! Stoppit! Leave that alone", but that's another story.)

Anyway, we're open for recruits and of course you're very welcome as the only entry barrier is minimum age. :) Which, obviously, you've just about reached *cough*. :DD

Standard blurb: You'll be a Recruit for 21 days while we get to know each other and during that time you can only have your main in the kin (it's easier to get to know someone before they devolve into hundreds of different alts. :)) Once you're all settled, we do expect Members not to have characters in different kinships (we can't stalk you, so this is just on your honour!) There are a number of exceptions. It's absolutely fine to have your own personal kinship, as we know some people like to own kinhouses and so on. We're also ok with you having an alt in a kin for something we're not really able to provide - such as an RP or PvP kin - but please do talk to me or an Officer about it. You'll find us very understanding. :P
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Ranatuor » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Welcome aboard, I'll keep an eye out for you :)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Flintori » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Welcome Paul, please dont let Cara our *ahem* beloved leader put you off, she's bonkers but mostly harmless...
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Lucyhobbit » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm with Cara, our directional skills are quite legendary! :tea: :warrior: :yes: Just don't ask either of us to tell you how to get somewhere :P

Welcome to the madhouse kin
Lucyanna Blossom - Diva of Destruction (tank)

Roselle (hunter) Briarose (mini) Roseraen (champ) Rosepetal (captain)

For when I'm not squishing orcsies, Lucy's Day job ... http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
Lucyhobbit
Squirrel-Bane
Squirrel-Bane

Postby Baltars » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Many thanks everyone for the warm welcome, now to get my character to find a way in :D
Baltars

Postby Steppa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:22 am

welcome to kin Paul - please feel free to ask me anything!:D
I don't get it?!?

Steppa Ulyssea - Warrior of Light
Steppa
Horsemaster of the Tenth Year & Kin Jester

Postby Jedy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:58 am

Lucyhobbit wrote:I'm with Cara, our directional skills are quite legendary! :tea: :warrior: :yes:

Nonsense.
Jedy is the only one who can get lost in a single room. I have 11 witnesses to testify.
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."

The Slave Code.
When our ambition is bounded, it leads us to work joyfully.
When our ambition is unbounded, it leads us to lie, to cheat, to hurt others.
When our fears are bounded, we're prudent, we're cautious, we're thoughtful.
When our fears are unbounded and overblown, we're reckless and cowardly.
Our bounds make us free.
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Postby millelirin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am

Welcome aboard!
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Postby Amaradel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Steppa wrote:welcome to kin Paul - please feel free to ask me anything!:D

You can ask me anything too. I haven't quite figured out how the world works yet and the total sum of my knowledge fits on the back of a postage stamp but it makes me feel really important when people ask me things. Go on - you know you want to.
Amaredel :hnt: Brhami :min: Besteiros :beo: Gemozac :chn:
Theoya :cpt: Maeroval :rk:
Amaradel

Return to Membership Applications