Application Fingolrod

Applications for membership of The Elders kinship on Laurelin.

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Application Fingolrod

Postby Maeglien » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 pm

About you (in real-life):

Name: Luise
Nationality: German
Tell us a bit about yourself: I have been a fan of Lord of the Rings since I first read the books from our parish library back then in the 80s. 11 years ago I became a member of a religious community (yes, I'm a nun) and when Lotro became free to play I could finally explore Middle-Earth on my own (or, as I soon discovered, together with other real people around the world). I'm currently living in a convent together with two other sisters.

What is your previous LoTRO experience (including previous kinships)?
Why do you want to join The Elders?
What do you plan to do with your time (e.g. raiding, levelling, questing)?
I've been playing since June 2011, first started with my human Guardian Gildoriel on server Vanyar. While I levelled her up I made my 2nd char, the Elf hunter Fingolrod. I joined a small kinship of German/Austrian players which after 2 or 3 years slowly dissolved because of real life issues.

I then joined a quite big kinship where my big problem was that they had a great flux of players which caused some rude and exploitish people to be part of the kinship. I was asked to be an officer there and did it for a year or so when I realized one day that I didn't really like the atmosphere.

Parallel to that I started one char, a female Elf hunter Teniriel on Laurelin. Two of my real life friends were also here. So during server consolidation I transferred my chars here.

Today I've got crafters for every profession and maxed guild rep (still working on T2 doomfold crafting on most though) and with the two real life friends I've got a small kinship of which my main Gildoriel is leader.

Unfortunately, real-life issues keep us from playing group too often, so I'm looking for a home for my Fingolrod (L115) to do more group content. I mainly do questing, but I do like an instance or raid sometimes as well. And I need a mature kinship who understands that sometimes my real life gets so busy I don't have time to play for a week or so. Currently I'm having him at the Red Company, but when I read through the kin descriptions on lotro-wiki, I liked yours very much, so if possible I'd like to join you.

About your LOTRO character:

Name: Fingolrod
Class: Hunter
Level: 115
Trade skills: Master Cook of the Doomfold, Westemnet Guild Master
Maeglien

Re: Application Fingolrod

Postby Bero » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Welcome Luise good luck with your application :)
Raiders: Beroin Captain (115) Bero Burglar (115) Berinth Minstrel (115)
Not Ready: Isla Guardian (105) Gilabor Hunter (107) Berimli Champion (105) Weylun Loremaster (105)
Levellers: Gilborin Runekeeper (28)

NOT AVAILABLE TO RAID ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS!
Bero

Postby Cara » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Luise, you are very welcome to join us. We're currently open for new members and our only gateway is minimum age which (sadly) like the rest of us, you pass with ease.

We are definitely not rude, and we have no exploiter-types. We have a strong community and I hope you'd enjoy it. Whilst not being rude, it has to be said that language used is sometimes ...well, "mature"** (gotta say the content of said language is the opposite - big bunch of muppets, the lot of 'em). I really hope you'd be comfortable with that but I'm guessing you wouldn't be applying to a large kin if you weren't. :D

Standard recruit stuff: You'll be a Recruit for 21 days while we get to know each other and during that time you can only have your main in the kin (it's easier to get to know someone before they devolve into hundreds of different alts. :)) Once you're all settled, we do expect Members not to have characters in different kinships (we can't stalk you, so this is just on your honour!) There are a number of exceptions. It's absolutely fine to have your own personal kinship, as we know some people like to own kinhouses and so on. We're also ok with you having an alt in a kin for something we're not really able to provide - such as an RP or PvP kin - but please do talk to me or an Officer about it. You'll find us very understanding. :P

** Not me, obviously. Noooo... Pure as the driven snow, me. Innocent as they come. And I'm very young and beautiful too (I may as well try for the whole lot, no?). I mean, ask any of them... They'll tell you....***

***...unless they're looking for sudden and unexpected demotion.

EDIT: I feel like I've met you in-game. The name seems familiar. But I could be wrong. :)
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Maeglien » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:56 am

Thank you! About the "other" kinships thing: Fingolrod is the only char I would like to have with you because my Guardian (which used to be my main for six years now) is leader of that other kinship which is not so active, and the others are mainly crafters, so Fingolrod is de facto my main right now, because I can do end content with him. I hope this is no problem.

And yes, might be we have met before, but I don't remember exactly either, I'm over 30 yo ;)
Maeglien :chn: 84 (Master Scholar of the Doomfold)
Maeglien

Postby Tombpyre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:49 am

Welcome to the kin :)

Risking an instant demote, Cara is usually the instigator of mature language... On chat a string of swearwords that would make a sailor blush usually precludes her saying hello - and she uses the F bomb often enough, you would think its instead of a comma;)

If she sees this, we will probably be recruits together hehe.
Flame of Udun

:hnt: Toronduil 115 t2 115 ready
:cpt: Aicanaro 115 t2 115 ready
:lm: Tombpyre 79 Questing

As angry as a dwarf with a yoyo

All crafts at max (except farming) - Stack of Mules lvl 15-114 (can be activated if any needs help on particular levels).

House at 4 Twinfall path, Lothrellant.

If you build a man a fire, he is warm for one day. If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
Tombpyre

Postby Cara » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Obviously we try and humour Tom. In his new role as Kinhouse Toilet Cleaner however, he really is the Lotro version of an "Untouchable" and therefore can't be taken too seriously..
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Atek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

welcome to kin Luise and now that I think about it I am pretty sure Tom is right :P
Atek :rk: 115 t1 rdy
Bovin :chn: 115
Magram :lm: 115 t1 rdy
Ahtanap :fcpt: 115 t1 rdy
Snina :brg: 105
Wrathian :beo: 105

"Death came for the dwarf and tried to take him, whereupon the warrior squared his shoulders, dug his heels against the granite floor, and told him to go. Death turned around and left.”
Atek

Postby Maeglien » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:37 pm

lol, reading these posts I think we'll get along quite well ;)

Now how do I go about actually moving my char to your kinship?
Maeglien

Postby Cara » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Search for "Elders" in the Social Panel. Ping any one of them and ask them to get an Officer who's online to send you an invite. Clearly, you need to be not in a kinship at that point, or it doesn't work. :lol:

Also, you should ignore Atek. It was difficult to find a role to fit his abilities but clearly making him Junior Assistant Kinhouse Toilet Cleaner has caused him to be led astray by his immediate boss which is, of course,Tom.
-R. Acket

Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Maeglien » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:23 pm

lol, okay, will do :)
Maeglien

Postby Atek » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:15 am

darn, too big of a job description to put besides my name :) I will have to put only the initials there :)
Atek :rk: 115 t1 rdy
Bovin :chn: 115
Magram :lm: 115 t1 rdy
Ahtanap :fcpt: 115 t1 rdy
Snina :brg: 105
Wrathian :beo: 105

"Death came for the dwarf and tried to take him, whereupon the warrior squared his shoulders, dug his heels against the granite floor, and told him to go. Death turned around and left.”
Atek

Postby Steppa » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 am

Welcome to the kinship Luise! I am sure we are going to get along well!:D
I don't get it?!?

Steppa Ulyssea - Warrior of Light
Steppa
Horsemaster of the Tenth Year & Kin Jester

Postby Maeglien » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Thank you! :)
Maeglien

Postby Flintori » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Welcome to the kin Luise :welcome:
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby millelirin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 am

Welcome aboard!
Millelirin, :hnt: elf, level 115
Millerin, :grd: dwarf, level 60
millelirin

Postby Ranatuor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:40 am

Realised I somehow missed the arrival of our Battle-nun on here! Boo! Sorry!

Great to have you in the kin :D
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Jedy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 am

Ranatuor wrote:Realised I somehow missed the arrival of our Battle-nun on here! Boo! Sorry!

Same. :oops:

Even worse, I missed Tom's and Atek's new promotions. :P

Ranatuor wrote:
Great to have you in the kin :D

Same. :mrgreen:
BROUGHT BACK ORANGE!!!

Light Brigade; "Life is like shit. It does not just happen - it takes time and effort. And no, diarrhea is not the solution. "

:grd: 115 - Jedy - "Some people come to a party naked, expecting to be accepted and embraced, cause we love one another. Well, Dwarfs don’t do love."
:hnt: 115 - Idariel - "Old people should be killed. Preemptively. In the cradles."
:cpt: 115 Besbe - "Frustra vivit, qui nemini prodest."
:min: 115 - Guardiana - "Why heal if you can kill?"
:rk: 115 Hotar - "Hard rains are gonna fall."
Jedy
Cuddly Snuggly Dwarf

Re: Application Fingolrod (now Maeglien)

Postby Maeglien » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Thank you! And even though I now am named differently because I reconsidered and chose my lvl 84 champion Maeglien as main for the kinship :D
Maeglien

Postby Ranatuor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:53 am

OOoo, love your forum avatar btw!

Tom and Atek - long titles shortened to "Bog Boys"?
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
Shared crafting facilities - 2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer, Falathlorn Homesteads, Ered Luin
Card-carrying member of the BLACK BOOK CLUB (tm).
Ranatuor
Public Service Broadcaster

Postby Amaradel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I think we have already met in game and before I welcome you. So welcome and see you again :)
Amaredel :hnt: Brhami :min: Besteiros :beo: Gemozac :chn:
Theoya :cpt: Maeroval :rk:
Amaradel

Return to Membership Applications