Former member saying hi

Not an Elder and want to share stuff with us? Once an Elder and want to tell us what you're playing now? Currently an Elder and can't see the Members' area? Or anything else you want to talk to us about!

Moderators: Cara, Kinmeet Moderators, Kinship Officers

Former member saying hi

Postby Kantling » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:40 pm

I don’t know if anyone will remember me (given that you are all so very old), but I wanted to mark the 10th anniversary of my wall-of-text application to the Elders. I’m quite embarassed by it now, though it was very funny how it turned into a discussion of geography and slink!

When I joined the Elders, I was suffering from depression, though I was not quite ready to get help. When I did get help, in early 2009, I started drifting away from LOTRO (and video games in general) for a while, as I concentrated on getting well. Which I did!

My short time with the Elders was by far my best experience in an MMO guild. A very fine collection of friendly and funny and helpful folks. I’m glad to see the kinship is still around. Hope you all are well.

Hugs and kisses,
Ken aka Kantling the Hobbit Guardian
Kantling

Re: Former member saying hi

Postby Cara » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Heya Ken, it's good to hear from you. And I am really happy to hear you are now well - well done. Recovering from depression is never a passive activity.

And, yes, we're still here. And you can come back any time you like. Old friends are welcome back any time. :)

Øgså, jeg kan nå snakke med deg i norsk. Kanske... :lol: Jeg lærer meg norsk - til (?)18 måneder nå. Jeg har besøkt Norge fem ganger og jeg elsker den så mye... En veldig, veldig vakker land. Hvor bor du? Jeg besøker Lofoten og bli hos Lirwen og Brett, hvis du husker dem.

Unnskyld meg - min norsk er ikke så god. Men ....jeg lærer! :D
"A true gentleman is one who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't."
-R. Acket

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cara (105 - raider) :min: ....................................... Carawen (85) :cpt:
Cararose (100) :hnt: ....................................... Caraleth (Mooser) :rk:
Cara
Kinship Leader

Postby Flintori » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Kjære Gud, Cara mener hun kan snakke norsk ... Et ord råd gir henne ikke anledning til å bestille kaffe i Oslo fordi det vil ta for alltid og til slutt kommer den veldig forvirrede servitøren tilbake med to tallerkener med røkt sild ...
Raiding:
Flintori :min: Level 115
Liana :hnt: Level 115

Questing:
Arriana :grd: Level 115
Rohanwen :cpt: Level 105
Flintori

Postby Kantling » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey, be nice, Cara's Norwegian is pretty good! :)

Cara, if you ever find yourself in Mo i Rana, first of all, I'm so sorry! Second, let me know, I'll show you the National Library. :)
Kantling

Return to Chat to The Elders